Anyone have Any Cosmos for SASE or trade?

Just realized I have none of those. thank you :)

This message was edited Saturday, Apr 6th 9:13 AM

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

I have different shades of pink, I'll check tomorrow and see how close they are.

Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

I'm tucked some in the envelope I put in my mailbox today....(I had to go retrieve it before the postman arrived!)

Palmyra, VA(Zone 7a)

mid
I have orange cosmos, please let me know if you want some.

Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

uh oh confession time. Tim - remember all those cosmos seeds you sent me? Welllllll, I still had a spare pack so I put them in the envelope along with some other seeds we were trading.

Hope you don't mind - you were so generous with those UT orange (heehee) flowers, I was able to share :) But that makes me wonder - just how many packets of those seeds did you have to start with????? (I'm picturing a meadow's worth of orange cosmos....)

Palmyra, VA(Zone 7a)

I aquired them from two traders, each traded me 20-25 seeds when I started trading in Aug. 2000. I had about 20-30 plants reaching flowering size around March 2001, and they were prolific bloomers! Right after our wedding, I thought I should remove the plants and plant something else, but with seedheads everywhere I couldn't pull them out.

Let see I packed about 150-200 seeds per pack, traded away about 20 packs, then there were a few large trades of 4-6 packs per trade. Gave some to co-workers, threw away a bunch that got wet and got moldy. Let just say I had too many seeds from 30 plants!! Is there such thing as too many seeds? LOL

Oh these I'm offering are from the 2nd generation, plants I started in May-June. Will check to see if I have enough to offer multiple trades.

Oh BTW, that should be UF orange, not UT! :)

Port Huron, MI(Zone 5b)

I have orange and lavendar seed
just email me
sandy

thank you Go-vols, and Doglover , and in a round about way Tim. and yes sis I would love some white also. Everyone is always so sweet. Someone said they have these in a dark wine color to, is that true?/ :)

This message was edited Saturday, Apr 6th 9:14 AM

Sis your so sweet :)

Elizabethton (Stoney, TN(Zone 6b)

Midwestsnowbird,
You will love cosmos. They have become one of my basic flowers. This year, I had light pink, dark pink, maroon, white, yellow, and orange. So easy to gather seeds from, too. Have fun! GL.

This message was edited Saturday, Apr 6th 9:14 AM

I think i could ask for a rainbow and I would get three!

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

my pink and dark 'wine' will be ready probably next week. it's a lovely combination

Oh Tig please keep me some i will trade from my pitiful list or gladly sase. :)

Silver Lake, OH(Zone 5b)

I will send some for sase, I have white, pink, and the wine colored. Warning: they are prolific and self-seeding and may be invasive if you don't pull them out.

Try them with morning glories climbing their tall stems!
The feathery foliage is a great contrast to the heart shaped morning glory leaf... and Heavenly blue would be a terrific contrast!

(anyone have light blue morning glory seed, will trade for Cosmos)

Thanks
Janie

thank you Janie! you have mail :)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.