Wow I have a mystery!

East Bend, NC

I bought 3 clems at lowes last week Fireworks , Miss Bateman and Dr Rupples. Small containers about 4 inches sq. I hope they are tagged correctly. Today I stopped at the Lowes on the other side of town to see if they had any other varieties. I didnt find any clems at all. As I was walking out I asked a sales associate if thy had any clems. She said yes all the way in back marked for clearance. They were unlabled and marked down to $2.oo. I picked ones I thought had slightly different leaves. Some large ,some smaller , some with more pronounced veins and some paler green.They all may turn out to be the same but I am so excited about my noids. The roots are bulging out of the pots but I wil repot them tomorrow. I also bought two gallon size noids for 5.00 each.I dont know why these have thrilled me so.

(Zone 4a)

Just think of what wonderful surprises you got for such a great deal! Ha...I don't think it is something I could do myself just for the fact that I NEED to know. However it sure will be fun finding out which ones you have....LOL Good for you!

Colleyville, TX(Zone 8a)

I also bought two NOID for $2.50 each @ Lowes .No gallons there. You got a great deal! guess we will posting in the future to help with the naming

Cincinnati (Anderson, OH(Zone 6a)

LOL, I got some of the Lowes orphans too for $2.50! And I am very hopeful they will be real beauties. (-:

After I started lurking on this forum, I've really caught the clem bug and I'll spring for anything!

I look forward to the NO-ID thread next spring to see what we all got!

Appleton, WI

For $2 I'd do the same. I'm looking forward to hearing what you got. I'll have keep an eye on the clearance rack a little later in the season.

Remember to soak the roots for about an hour and they should be fine.

East Bend, NC

I have never seen a clematis I didnt like. Some I like more than others but they are all beautiful. If they are all the same I will share with neighbors.I really can't lose. And the anticipation is sooo much fun. Im glad others caught this bargin too. We will have to keep in touch to see what developes

East Bend, NC

Thanks Julia Jane I hadnt thought of that but I will definately soak the roots.

Delaware, OH

i admit , for 2$ i would do the same. sounds like fun. i was at lowes for some weed killer today and they had not clems here, but i did not ask.
can't even go for a few weeks to get caught up with what i have going on out there...lotta plants, lotta work, lotta fun.
lowes is where i got my minseelik and mikelite in 08, or thought i did, both were mislabeled and are pink champagne. ...oh well , that is part of the clem journey and we must remember it is all about the journey not the destination. if we do not enjoy the journey the destination will never satisfy.
they were well rooted and very floriferous pink champagnes!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.