Wheelbarrow planters

Brentwood, CA

I was at a garage sale a few months back and I saw a wheelbarrow in the dumpster. Asked if I could buy it...owner asked what I was going to do with it. Told him, "plant flowers in it". Long story short, he not only gave me the wheelbarrow, but also a toilet, and porcelain base for a pedestal sink. All for free. Both the wheelbarrow (missing handles and wheel) and toilet (no tank) are planted in my yard and are beautiful. I put a large clay tray on the pedestal and it made a great birdbath. Sometimes people want to just get rid of junk and they are treasures to others. I now have three wheelbarrows planted through my garden with various plants and all are beautiful. Moral.....keep your eyes and mind open. :-)

This thread has 2 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!