Cking on car insurance coverage

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

Not sure how to put this...but...I was involved in a 5 car collision Friday at a stop light. Not my fault!!!!...I was the 4th to get hit. But when our insurance adjuster called today, she noticed that we only had $25,000. liability coverage IF it was our fault. "Said they had just had a member involved in a rear end collision with a Ferrari (over $100,000)." Wanted to let us know that if we'd been at fault..which wasn't the case....we could have been sued for being under insured. Just what I needed to hear! We hadn't been updated as far as insurance for years, I guess. Fixed that a few hours later. Added about $.80 a month to the policy.
I've been called by two of the other insurance companies already. My little Accord is totaled. I was on my way to a flower show. Minding my own business at the light when BAM! I heard it coming. A truck failed to stop and took 4 of us out.
I just wanted to remind you to check your coverage. We didn't. It could have been a different outcome, if it had been my fault....and not enought coverage. Very scary......

This thread has 29 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!