Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Mid-Atlantic Gardening: Home projects for winter, 1 by Jan23

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Jan23

In reply to: Home projects for winter

Forum: Mid-Atlantic Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Home projects for winter
Jan23 wrote:
Love this party!!! We are all in the same boat.

While Jeff was off for the holiday he finished putting in the under cabinet lights in the kitchen. This mirror has been sitting around waiting for this space above the built-in bench for years. I like sitting there in the morning with my coffee. I can look out at the garden and now there is more light from the lights, but also from the reflection in the mirror. He also had some soapstone left over from the counters, so he made a little back splash as well as a removable shelf around the stove. I think I decided to just have paint above it and not tile, but if I change my mind to put in tile that is something that can be done down the road. At least it looks like it is a finished project now. He also got some epoxy to set the soapstone on the island. Right now the only piece that is permanently in place is the section that has a sink. The rest is just sitting there. Thankful the pieces are heavy so they don't move without some real effort.