Communities > Forums

Image Copyright SBMLM

In reply to: BROMELIADS IN SUMMER ..2014

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of BROMELIADS IN SUMMER ..2014
SBMLM wrote:
Hi all,

A bit of an overcast new year's eve here today.

A bit of work to do as well, a quick brush over and paint of a slat type fence has turned into a major task as the old stain / paint came off like burnt skin does. Have to remove it all and start again.

Jean, your Ae. La Tigra plant looks nice and healthy as does the apricot tree in your pics. A few fruit trees would be a good thing to try and grow, do they need much attention?

Teresa, I never understood the importance to learn languages over a practical skills subject that the majority would actually use. Thankfully the choices now are more aimed at what the student needs to learn.

Colleen, some fishing is something I haven't done for a while, might find somewhere to throw a line in later in the day.

Nev, like yourself i was given a few Bunnings vouchers at Christmas so I went and bought a composting worm farm as my neighbour has one and likes it. I will see how it goes. The colours in your Grandson's painting catch the eye, priceless.

I have a couple of Vrieseas with some white substance on them (pictured). Would anyone know what it is?

Hope everybody has a nice new year's eve and good luck for the coming year.

Brian