Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: BROMELIADS IN SUMMER ..2014, 1 by 77sunset

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright 77sunset

In reply to: BROMELIADS IN SUMMER ..2014

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of BROMELIADS IN SUMMER ..2014
77sunset wrote:
Hello everyone.
I have a bit of time to get on here and read all the lovely long posts. The pics are always great, but I do get envious now that I cannot fit more broms in here.
The ones I do have are loving the light rain we have been getting with warm afternoons as well.
I am still running around getting final things done after dear hubbys passing. It has seemed never ending, but I feel I will be able to start the new year off with no more hassles .

Nev, great to see that your hand is improving , but take it easy for a while yet.
Your broms will all do well while they wait for you.
I find a little neglect is good for a lot of plants.
A lot of people seem to think they must be pandering to their plants continuously but in nature, there is no pampering...lol

Trish, nice to see you and I hope all goes well with your work program. Its hard to balance both work and home sometimes, so make sure you have some rest when you can.
I had to laugh when you mentioned changing the broms from tree to tree when the fruit is falling.
I picture you running about with an armful of broms, dodging falling fruit. ..lol

Colleen, your bite symptoms certainly sound exactly like my hubby when he was bitten by a white tail spider years ago. He ended up with a scar on his rear end where the bite was.
He was very lucky when it happened as we were staying at a friends place to attend a wedding.
Apparently the spider got into the bed and he was bitten during the night.
Luckily a lot of the guests were doctors, so he had immediate attention from about a dozen of them.
He was very sick for weeks after,and left with the scar about the size of a 50 cent piece where the wound grew before healing.
Our local doctor said it could have been worse and took pics as it healed.
I never go into the garden without gloves and have several pairs for different jobs.

Teresa, nice to hear you are enjoying your computer learning and I hope you get good results from it all.
Hope Miss Mischief is coming along with her learning to listen to "mum"
It would certainly get a laugh from the audience when she runs off, even if its not what you want.
Shes loveable anyway.

Brian, you are getting a lovely collection of broms. You will soon be wondering where you will put them as they seem to multiply overnight...lol
Always just that one or two more that you dont have...lol

Shirley, get lots of rest. You are always a busy lady.

I had better go as I have to meet a friend for lunch.
Something I havent had time to do lately.

Take care everyone.
Only an old pic today as I still cannot get the pics off my new camera.
I may have to go back to the big camera.
At least I know how to work that one..lol

Jean