Dahlias: Dahlias: Looking forward to spring - Part I, 1 by pirl

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright pirl

In reply to: Dahlias: Looking forward to spring - Part I

Forum: Dahlias

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Dahlias: Looking forward to spring - Part I
pirl wrote:
Etelka - I think dahlias do best planted directly in the garden so I would agree with Alan. Most of his are around 3.5' tall but Preference is low, so just plan accordingly, as I'm sure you do.

Somehow I missed Dan's post, sorry. This computer has been problematic for the last few days and pages appear and disappear like magic.

Try a few cuttings just for fun, Dan (and everyone). For me they are now back-ups. It was as easy as taking a few cuttings from each plant and sticking them in good draining soil in a plastic pot.

I don't sharpen well either, Dan.

It was fun to see that a recent purchase of spare gardening gloves have worn out on the reverse side. I expect holes from my nails in the fingers of the glove but never thought the reverse side could wear out.

My pruners from Amazon are on their way. Even though I have a copy of one cancelled order they charged double and said they packaged "all" my orders together to save on shipping. Interesting!

Happy Thanksgiving to all. We'll celebrate it Saturday...complete with the little drummer boy.