Dahlias: Dahlias: Looking forward to spring - Part I, 1 by pirl

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright pirl

In reply to: Dahlias: Looking forward to spring - Part I

Forum: Dahlias

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Dahlias: Looking forward to spring - Part I
pirl wrote:
I found the fruit secateurs on Ebay (it just came up on Google, I didn't go there to look) so see what you think of them.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Barnel-B3001S-Stainless-Steel-Fru...

The slim nose (if that's the right word for the tip) looks very good for getting into tight spots.

Driving on icy roads is no fun. I hope all is well with your stitches.

Nanny - welcome back! Supposedly, it's better to get cut with something very sharp rather than anything like a plastic knife. My granddaughter cut her finger with a butter knife when she was about three. Now, at 23, she still is very cautious with all knives.

I told my DG friend, Kim, about you since you live east of Lexington, KY (bet you know that!!!) and she's west, in Taylorsville. Maybe she'll drop in to meet you.

Dan - this is Rock Run Kathy (a gift from some supplier). Please let me know if the nice fat tuber (on the right) that I've marked, is the choice one to keep. I doubt the others, with stringy necks, are keepers. The second photo is the opposite side: I see no point in hoping for any good tubers there. I can practice on this one (and another of the same name still to be dug) since I wasn't thrilled with the blooms.