Photo by Melody

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: Bromeliads For Novices and Addicts - October 2014, 1 by ctmorris

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright ctmorris

In reply to: Bromeliads For Novices and Addicts - October 2014

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Bromeliads For Novices and Addicts - October 2014
ctmorris wrote:
Good morning everyone. My, had quite a bit to peruse this morning. Wow Brian, what a lovely haul. Your collection must have got quite a boost with all those lovelies. Teresa that's a lovely pic and look at the concentration and both faces. She might be a weasel but she is a beautiful pup. Jean I'm so pleased to read that you have found a home for all your plants and to be able to see how they're going is an added bonus. From what you've said about the plants that have gone with you, you seem to have quite a garden albeit mostly in pots. Some pics would be lovely please. Trish, well you will be madly selling i hope. Lovely pic of the frog. Nev it must be so frustrating for you but by the length of your last post it hasn't slowed your brain from working. So informative. I have never seen mealy bugs on my broms here but I have had a little scale on some. Black aphids are a bit of a problem on the fruit trees but a good dose of soapy water usually deals with them. The stone fruits are all starting to ripen down here now and there will be a glut for a few weeks. There's nothing better than walking up the back and picking your own apricot or nectarine or peach straight off the tree. When the boys first came here I was doing something inside and when I went out the back to see what Branden was up to I couldn't find him. I finally walked up the back and there he was under the apricot tree having a lovely feed of apricots. We had the biggest storm go through here at about 7 last night. Lots of thunder and lightening and then the skies opened up and dumped about a half and inch of beautiful rain in about 10 minutes. What a sight. To top it off the boys were out in it. They'd walked home with their mate to grab his PJ's as he was to have a sleepover and they got caught right at the start of it. They were absolutely soaked, so they peeled off their clothes and jumped straight in the hot shower. Laughed their heads off. They thought it was great. Wet shoes and clothes everywhere outside though. Well i had better get moving, Have a great day everyone and Trish hope you need a wheelbarrow to bring home your takings. Colleen