Photo by Melody

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: Bromeliads For Novices and Addicts - October 2014, 1 by 77sunset

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright 77sunset

In reply to: Bromeliads For Novices and Addicts - October 2014

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Bromeliads For Novices and Addicts - October 2014
77sunset wrote:
Hello everyone. Its been a very varied week weatherwise here. One day will be cold, the next very hot. Even the warm days start off with a cool wind.
I have been going back & forth between here and the house as I have finally sold just about all of the plants.
A very nice chap has bought just about everything. He lives not too far away and I can visit the plants anytime. It will be nice to be able to see them progress even though they are not mine any more.
The broms I have here are getting quite a bit of color and I must get the camera out. I keep forgetting.
I have about 15 roses in pots that will look beautiful when they grow .

Nev, it sounds as if you will be out of action for quite a while with that hand.
Take care of yourself. It gets so frustrating when a part we use often is out of action.
Its great you can still type even in capitals. Your pics are great.
Love the flower details. Its something a lot of people dont realise about broms . Most wouldnt look that closely at what seems to be an insignificant flower to the uninitiated.

Shirley, as always your broms are beautiful. It must the lovely brom resort they live in ..lol
I really like you neos Black Warrior and Imagine.

Trish, that frog is so cute. I seem to have lost any frogs that used to live in my broms.
Is that Lexis cute little face among the broms. How did she get in there without tipping them over ?
The only creatures around my broms here are sparrows and I did see a blue tongue lizard walking around them last week.
I always keep water on the ground for creatures that dont fly and a bird bath for those that do.

Colleen, we rarely see any sulpher crested cockatoos in the district, but at the house and around the town there were large groups of the corellas. Darn cockatoos are so damaging.
My cousin had his main electrical wire to the house, bitten right through.
I was over there one day when it sparked and fell down. Could have been very dangerous if one was under it and the sparks can start fires too.
I knew of someone with a cedar house which was ruined by the cockatoos chewing it to bits.
I saw mobs that numbered in the thousands when travelling around Australia.
They defoliate hundreds of trees which then die.
Not one of our greatest native creatures.

Teresa, good luck with the remaining days of your showing. Hope Sugar does really well.

Hello Brian and anyone else I missed.

a couple of old guzmania pics.

Jean.