Photo by Melody

Beginner Gardening: Has anyone grown micro-greens indoors? Help, I need advice!, 1 by kittriana

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright kittriana

In reply to: Has anyone grown micro-greens indoors? Help, I need advice!

Forum: Beginner Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Has anyone grown micro-greens indoors? Help, I need advice!
kittriana wrote:
Just came in from Petsmart for my kitties, and so you know I heard no aggression, panic maybe, chuckl. At the petstore I saw a waterer that has a place to plant 'catgrass' in- oats - and they sold the organic seeds as well!
Microgreens can be small sizes of many types of seeds, legumes, (alfalfa,beans, ) turnip,collard,spinach, mustards, and they do well with lighting help and in the winter -heat pads. Sprouting them out of the dirt helps clean them before eating, but if you want tender 3" leaves, dirt would help. These eggshells I took a needle and poked a hole in the bottom, then I water the bottle cap bottom from the bottom, these mustard seeds are exactly 3 days old since i sprinkled them on the dirt in the full moon and where I live it's still 80° every day. They can have alliums- onions, dill, anything you wish them to sprout! When they get bigger I will stick the whole eggshell in the garden (maybe crack it a bit) and let them continue growing. Does that help?