Communities > Forums

Image Copyright hcmcdole

In reply to: Time To Haul The Plants

Forum: Greenhouse

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Time To Haul The Plants
hcmcdole wrote:
Laurel,

It must be nice on one hand to be in the city limits and also nice to get away from it all on the other with a short commute. We looked at some land on Sharptop Mountain in Jasper but it would've been quite a commute for my wife's job in Marietta. It didn't matter to me since I was a telecommuter too.

N. GA.- W. NC - S. VA - and E. TN would be an ideal place to live at times except for winter.

Well the one thing I noticed in Miami or any tropical place is how bright it is in summer. Definitely could go blind on white sand. I feel like my eyes have sunburn when I drive to Orlando every year but love it there.

Gita,

I think your white fly problem comes from your brugmansias - they are white fly magnets. Great looking plants BTW!

Got the bulk of my plants in today with ten very large pots under the deck and maybe 10 amaryllis out in the cold - they can endure a little frost if it happens. Another two weeks to get the basement squared away - why do I do this every year. Rhetorical question...

Here is one of my big begonias this year - Maggie Nodal is the dark green palm like leaf and the begonias blooming are BIG (yeah, that is the name) - they are like wax begonias on steroids.