Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: Bromeliads For Novices and Addicts - October 2014, 1 by works4me

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright works4me

In reply to: Bromeliads For Novices and Addicts - October 2014

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Bromeliads For Novices and Addicts - October 2014
works4me wrote:
Hi all,

another very hot day here in Brissie.

Nev, that’s a great idea, hangers on the pots to carry them and save bending. Neo Wild Pepper is one of Jack Koning’s ‘wild’ series, it appears only some of them are registered.

Brian, the pic of neo Mandela was taken yesterday in the igloo. There is lots of colour at the moment but we will probably add a ‘topper’ soon (a second layer of shade cloth) so the broms don’t burn ... they also lose some of their colour with the added protection.

I think the brom in your first pic could be an aechmea Brian. Nev should be able to tell you more.

Nev, ‘Queen of Colour’ … that’s nice, thanks, but I think it’s due to the climate rather than anything I do.

Has anyone heard from Trish, hope everything’s OK. Hi to Teresa, Jean and Dianne too.

We rushed our Molly off to the emergency animal hospital this morning after she was bitten by a very large brown snake. She killed the snake but not before it struck her. Thankfully we got her there quickly (along with the snake for ID) and they were able to administer the anti venom in time to save her. She is still being monitored but hopefully we can pick her up tomorrow.

Anyway, that’s it for me tonight, after a very stressful day.

Pic is our beautiful girl, Molly. She is not allowed on our bed and she knows it but loves to sneak in for a quick snooze given half a chance.

Bye for now, Shirley