Photo by Melody

Beginner Gardening: Has anyone grown micro-greens indoors? Help, I need advice!, 1 by paros

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright paros

Subject: Has anyone grown micro-greens indoors? Help, I need advice!

Forum: Beginner Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
paros wrote:
Okay. I could spend a lot of money at a certain website where they sell spouts and also micro-green stuff. However, I have phoned them 3 times and sent 2 emails and they never answer - and one of their sprouting products someone was saying it kept getting very moldy.

So - I am wondering - can I just do this without spending massive amounts of money for fancy do dads made of plastic ) and some kind of trays and have a go on the cheap?

Could anyone wiser than me point me in the right direction or give me a pat on the back?
I want to grow lettuce type plants, grass type plants (I have a kitty) and I think clover.
I can't eat brocolli, kale or any of those types of plants.

I know where I can buy organic dandelion seeds, clover seeds, and I think some of the grass. The grass really wouldn't be micro-greens. Do you think any seed you would grow regular lettuce, etc, would work for micro-greens?

Then I need to decide whether to use soil, and if so is organic any better, or you can buy coconut mat or similar and grow without soil. It just seems mean to the plants to grow them without soil somehow. Like they would be starving. :( Also I can buy worm castings.

Then do I get plastic containers, or something else, like pots or stainless steel trays for growing?

If you have ANY idea about any of this I would LOVE to hear from you.
ps, I AM new, I don't know why it says I'm not!

This message was edited Oct 29, 2014 12:26 PM

This message was edited Oct 29, 2014 4:48 PM