Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: Bromeliads For Novices and Addicts - October 2014, 1 by SBMLM

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright SBMLM

In reply to: Bromeliads For Novices and Addicts - October 2014

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Bromeliads For Novices and Addicts - October 2014
SBMLM wrote:
Hi all,

Warm day on the coast today, sweating like a pig walking around this morning. (do pigs actually sweat much?).
It will be a good day to watch the sun and see what it does with the plants. I have always had a small plant that reacts quickly if it gets too much sun or not enough water, it is a fair guide to what is happening.

Shirley, nice looking plant in your last post, is there a correct name for the leaf spikes? I would be stabbing myself on those. I was putting up some mesh shelves the other day for a few hours, at the end of the day sat down, took my shoes off and both feet were covered in blood, I hadn't felt a thing, strange.

Jean, looks like everything is coming together for you.

Teresa, maybe your competitors are luring Sugar away with some treats.

Nev, yes the picture in the last post is Bill. 'Curly Top' but I should off waited a day to take a picture as when the flower opened it was more spectacular.
The hall in the pics of your last post is a good one, looks more like a big factory set up.

Anyhow , there is plenty to do today so i will leave with a couple of pics.
Pics 1 + 2 are of Tascott.
Pic 3 is labelled as Bill. Myee
Pic4 is of Neophytum 'Gary Hendrix' ( pups have taken off since it has got wamer or the benefits of fertilising).
Pic 5 Neo. 'Midnight'. (other pics i have seen have it a lot darker)

Brian