Photo by Melody

Trees, Shrubs and Conifers: Need help...I would like to grow various oak/maple seedlings, 5 by MaypopLaurel

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright MaypopLaurel

In reply to: Need help...I would like to grow various oak/maple seedlings

Forum: Trees, Shrubs and Conifers

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Need help...I would like to grow various oak/maple seedlings
MaypopLaurel wrote:
Time crunch here. I'll get to some of the questions and answers later. Hope the original experts will help identify what I'm showing or correct me if I'm wrong. Meanwhile, we got to Maypop (did I already say it's our cottage outside of Cleveland, GA?) late this afternoon and after stocking the fridge and picking the garden I managed to pick up a few nuts. See pics 1-4. That took about fifteen minutes. I'll hike the property tomorrow and check the bounty. I'm also hoping there are some late chanterelles. There's a young red bud loaded with small seed pods but I need a ladder and a poll.

If anything is available at the Atlanta house it will have to wait 'til next week. I live in a tree house, tucked in the woods (5) in the middle of the city. Meanwhile, I'll look for nuts with variation and try to sort them. I can photo some of the trees but most are too dense to actually tell which ones they originate from. Hoping there is a nut expert here to help.

This message was edited Oct 24, 2014 6:26 PM