Photo by Melody

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: Bromeliads For Novices and Addicts - October 2014, 1 by SBMLM

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright SBMLM

In reply to: Bromeliads For Novices and Addicts - October 2014

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Bromeliads For Novices and Addicts - October 2014
SBMLM wrote:
Hi all,

Been another great day up hear on the coast.
Started off being invited over to the neighbours house for a breakfast to introduce themselves, and to meet the people next-door to them who bought their house at the same time. Very friendly people and the food was excellent.

Layed around there for a couple of hours and then had to attack the lawn, after a lot of recent rain the weeds in the grass grow unbelievably well.

Jean, sounds like you are getting right into the gardening. Thanks for the pic of the Noble Descent, good to compare.

Shirley, I like the look of all your Neo's in your pics, especially the 'Fool's Gold'.

Nev, the little Neo Groucho I got has strange markings it is as if someone has run a red pen around it. I have an Alcantarea which is marked as a 'purple skotak'as well.

Thanks for the advise on the light requirements, the leaf colouring and condition, I suppose tells you how happy the plant is.

Hi to everybody else as well.

Pic 1 Neo Rien's Pride
Pic 2 Vr. Milky Way Erotica ( had to buy a Vriesea with flower to see what it looks like)
Pic 3 Neophytum 'Ralph Davis'
Pic 4 Till. tectorum enanum ( thought it was a dead Huntsman)
Pic 5 Not sure i cant make out the writing on the label.

Brian