Photo by Melody

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: Bromeliads For Novices and Addicts - October 2014, 1 by works4me

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright works4me

In reply to: Bromeliads For Novices and Addicts - October 2014

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Bromeliads For Novices and Addicts - October 2014
works4me wrote:
Hi all,

Gee, lots of posts since I was here last and I only missed one day.

Nev, thanks so much for sorting some of your lovely broms to send to me, I am so looking forward to receiving them. I will get some off to you soon, just waiting for some I have put aside for you to grow roots.

Nev, thanks for the info on the possibility of my neo Out of Africa being a sport but I think it’s wrongly named. I am a bit disappointed that another neo that I bought at the show looks nothing like the photo on the BCR so maybe wrongly named as well ... and a couple more are not registered.

Diane, your pic 1-2 is an Aechmea, possibly Orlandiana, pic 3 is a neo of some sort, pic 4 looks like neo McWilliamsii ?? and that’s a nice Desert Rose in your pic 5.

Brian, some of these new cars around today almost drive themselves, don’t they. My back is much better thanks, finally either the needles, the physio or the pills are starting to take effect.

Diane, most of the damage to my back is degenerative and I think I will just have to take care and not do things to aggravate it. Great to hear that your surgery was so successful.

Jean, sounds like your garden is coming along nicely at your new home. I had a bit of a giggle thinking about whether we should have four legs. My first thought was that I have enough trouble reaching things on shelves as it is and I would be so much shorter walking on all fours … and I wouldn’t be able to use my little step either.

I will attach pics of a couple of other neos I bought at the Brom Show, pics 1-2.

Pic 1 – neo Beachcomber ???
Pic 2 – neo Painted Prince
Pic 3 – neo Black Warrior (fairly new purchase)
Pic 4 – neo Africa 007 (another recent buy)

Hope I haven’t missed anyone,

Bye for now, Shirley