Photo by Melody
Announcements
The ability to post new threads and comments is currently off-line. We are working to restore this feature.

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: Bromeliads For Novices and Addicts - October 2014, 1 by works4me

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright works4me

In reply to: Bromeliads For Novices and Addicts - October 2014

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Bromeliads For Novices and Addicts - October 2014
works4me wrote:
Hi all,

Yes Nev, still have the ads on my computer but they are not covering as much as the screen as they were previously, thanks to Teresa gave me directions to find ‘preferences’.

Nev, you mention you trialled a method for producing extra pups by removing the old mother and giving it ‘the treatment’ … please explain!!!

As for the back pain, I find physio gives me relief but it is short lived. Trouble is, none of us can lie around and do nothing for days on end, there’s always plenty to do and that’s the problem.

Nev, I tried to download ‘Adblock Plus’ but our security software blocked it and classified it as ‘dangerous’ so I couldn’t proceed with the download.

Trish, glad to read that you got to see the lunar eclipse, we had too much cloud here in Brissie, hopefully it will lead to some rain but I doubt it. Everything is so dry again now and it has been very hot as well. I will have to get out and do some watering tomorrow.

Brain, you are so right about how quickly the years go by … and the older you get the faster they go too. I thought it quite funny what you said about your neighbours thinking you are some sort of nutcase taking photos all the time. Fortunately, no-one sees me snapping away at my broms on an almost daily basis, not to mention talking to them just as Trish does.

Teresa, I’ll try to find a pic or two of some spotty broms to attach tonight.

Jean, hope you are settling in well in your new home and your broms also.

My pics are

1 – neo Burgundy Moss
2 – neo Spartan Beauty
3 – neo Chirripo
4 – neo concentrica x Euro concentrica
5 – a lovely flowering shrub in the garden, can’t think of the name right now

Bye for now, Shirley