Carolina Gardening: Ground Cover Ideas?, 1 by Entlie

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Entlie

In reply to: Ground Cover Ideas?

Forum: Carolina Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Ground Cover Ideas?
Entlie wrote:
So this is not completely finished, but we have made good progress. The jury is still out as to whether the trees will make it (Santa Rosa Plums). I bought them from a wholesale seller at on a garden tour, and I didn't have any choice in the delivery time. The pots have turned out very well. Used some "free" cannas from the back yard as the thriller, white petunias and light green and black sweet potato vines. You could have knocked me over when The Captain said he wanted to add a drip system, bought all the stuff and had a great time putting it in. It is a real timesaver.

The open area in the middle is so that we can drive the truck around the house to pick up various small boats, trailers, etc. stored in the back. The dwarf mondo grass is another freebie, from the left side of the walk approaching the house. May or may not put vinca minor in the areas around the trees and pots (you guessed it - already here in the back yard.

This has been a fun project and it has really dressed up our yard. Mailbox area still to go.

Entlie