Daylilies: Daylily design help, 1 by Pfg

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Pfg

In reply to: Daylily design help

Forum: Daylilies

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Daylily design help
Pfg wrote:
I've been very busy since last post. First, I had to get the yellow daylilies out of the bed in the main garden to make room for the ones I ordered. There's an area at the top of the driveway that has always been boring and messy. This spring, I added a large planter, which helped but looked a little lonely. So on Monday, I had 2 men come and dig trenches through solid roots and fill them with composted soil. Then they moved most of the yellow daylilies into the new beds. I think that area will be much more welcoming now, even when they're not blooming. And when they do, yellow is so cheerful. Now that I've started, I'm sure I'll get more ideas for that area-- I've already ordered some daffodils to put in front.

Then, I had them add composted soil to the old bed to replace the soil that went out with the daylilies. Yesterday, the new ones from Oak Hill arrived. They were a day late because of severe T storms throughout the area the afternoon before. The box was a little soggy, but the plants were in great condition. Although the website says they send 2 fan plants, most of these were 3 fans. They went on sale just before I ordered- 30% off- so no bonuses, but I think the extra fans were bonus enough.

I started planting right away of course, but couldn't finish before dark. Today I'll get more pics as soon as they're all in.