Photo by Melody

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: Look at me....Look at me....Look at me, 1 by Seachanger

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Seachanger

In reply to: Look at me....Look at me....Look at me

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Look at me....Look at me....Look at me
Seachanger wrote:
I've never had the good fortune in all of our moves to buy a house with an established garden...
By established I don't mean pittosporum and hedges, I mean camellias and magnolias.....no such luck, we always left them the way I wanted to buy one ......oh well, seeing this is our last move, the garden is now 6 yrs old and the magnolias are over 12ft and the camellias are half that, I think the daphnes and the rhodos have grown the best......you can't mention the brugmansias, they just grow and grow , what I chop down, they put up again....you can't help but love them.....they are like kids.....a pain sometimes but you wouldn't be without them...

Here is my first coldie for the year.....
I'm going to plant this one in the garden somewhere, I love the way the mid pink fades to a very pale pink, giving them two colours in a flush....
I've already dusted it with Arborea pollen....I thought the Arborea was a sang hybrid until it flowered, one of Chrissy's Arborea seeds from years before grew in a pot full of sang x seeds..lol....I topped up with old potting mix and the Arborea seed must have been in there...they wouldn't grow when I pampered them......