Perennials: The garden tour, 1 by rteets

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright rteets

In reply to: The garden tour

Forum: Perennials

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of The garden tour
rteets wrote:
The garden tour is not until next June. They just evaluated gardens to see who would be included next year. I'm happy to say I made it. Just getting the garden ready to show a committee was a lot of work! One thing it has made me more aware of is how things will develop and look a year from now. Gardens dont change quickly! Also I never gardened with the idea of having the whole thing look fantastic on one particular day. I have always been happy if something looks good all the time. I'm not going to be able to make it all fabulous for one day but I am aiming a bit differently now. Also, the end of June is a very difficult point in my garden! The spring stuff is over and the summer things have not really gotten into gear yet. Maybe that's by design - it really seperates the men from the boys! I know now what is blooming at that time and I am trying to increase those things and showcase them.

As far as how many visitors I will have - I have no idea. Someone told me it is usually around 100. I'll let you know. I think they charge about $10-$15 to tour 8-10 gardens.

That's the story right now. Feel free to come to Eastern Pennsylvania next June and see my garden!