African Violets and Gesneriads: The Obsession Has Begun, 5 by KimsKreations1

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright KimsKreations1

In reply to: The Obsession Has Begun

Forum: African Violets and Gesneriads

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of The Obsession Has Begun
KimsKreations1 wrote:
So these are the candidates for today's crosses. Picture 1 Gabriel's Horn Sport and 2 HCY's Taurus. I plan to do some dabbing with them today.

I just LOVE Gabriel's Horn Sport. I always have. There is something about the shape of the flower that really gets to me. It's like a butterfly when you look at it sideways (as seen in picture 2). I really like the broken orange/red color with the purple (picture 3). Even though it's an oldie' it's a goodie. A little larger than the mini's but not as big as something crossed with a species plant. Mid size I would say. I use it in alot of my crosses as I can imagine other colors with that beautiful layered butterfly look.

I am really in the mood to start some seeds today so I think I am going to start A FEW....not all of the following 2 crosses just to see what happens:

Los Angeles x Ozark Coral Freckles
Ozark Coral Freckles x Los Angeles

I'm going to grow them in the same container but separated. It should be pretty interesting to see the results. I have attached pictures of both parents. Please note that these pictures were borrowed from the internet as I did not take pictures before hybridizing and should have. I borrowed Ozark Coral Freckles from Kartuz as that is where I bought my tubers from and I borrowed Los Angeles from burwur.net which is a GREAT informational site!

I think the characteristics of the 2 parents are so different that something odd just might pop up *lol*

Well, I better get off this thing and get it started in here *lol*

Hope everyone is having a Wonderful Weekend!