Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES AND ADDICTS - JULY 2014, 1 by ctmorris

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright ctmorris

In reply to: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES AND ADDICTS - JULY 2014

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES AND ADDICTS - JULY 2014
ctmorris wrote:
Hi everyone. Still freezing here with a frost both yesterday and today. Beautiful sunny days though but really cold. My little seedlings are okay. Don't know how many more frosts they will stand though. The boys were so excited when they climbed the pine tree yesterday. They found a bird's nest with 2 little babies in it. I told them to come down otherwise the Mother might get frightened. The guy next door said that they were sitting outside the other day and could hear the boys playing up the tree. He said that they sound high and looked up and saw them. He said to me that they were nearly up the top of this 50ft. Norfolk Island Pine. I said yes, that's their latest exciting thing to do. He just looked dumb-founded that I would let them climb up there. Goodness I used to climb trees when I was the same age and jump off the house roof. Teresa you may have to go to the doctor's to get over the last bit of this bug. I was speaking to my son who has been crook too and he's a lot better now. Nev the pic that you put up of your Ae. pectinata doesn't look like mine. Your's is a lot darker and the pink is real pink where mine is more red. The leaves seem to be thinner and pointy on yours whereas they're wider and more yellowy-green on mine. I was talking to friend over here who said that mine is Ae. pectinata so maybe it's just your pic of the plant that's confusing. I'm glad everything's okay Trish and that you're back home. Shirley, you're not the only one who get's cross with these silly gadgets every now and again. I've cleaned mine up at the moment by restoring it to an earlier date and therefore getting rid of whatever was causing the problem. I see that Tash has just spent all Saturday morning de-bugging her's as well. Maybe you will all have to restore them. Well, tea's over showers are being done and we'll settle down in the warm and the boys are going to watch Sinbad after. Not me I'll have a game of cards or something. Have a great night and keep warm. Colleen I think Ben the dog might be in this pic.Yep there he is.

This message was edited Aug 3, 2014 6:08 PM