Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES AND ADDICTS - JULY 2014, 1 by ctmorris

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright ctmorris

In reply to: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES AND ADDICTS - JULY 2014

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES AND ADDICTS - JULY 2014
ctmorris wrote:
Hi everyone. Goodness Nev there are certainly lots of different ways to grow the pups. Before the lawn clippings I just put the pups into the normal mix that I use. One third mushroom compost and two thirds pine bark with some rapid raiser fert. They always grew okay in there but when I saw the tip about the lawn clippings from someone I just thought that I would try it. I went to a nursery today to get some seedlings to put out the front for some colour and while there I had a look around. They had some poor broms stuck on the Northern side of an open sided part. They didn't look good. One Ae burgundy was nearly green with three plants in the pot and also burnt leaves, the whole three of them and they wanted $40 for it. I just about dropped the pot when I saw the price. I finished up getting, Foxgloves, salvia, a red Margurita, Stocks, pansies, and larkspurs. I also got a packet of Hollyhocks. Should look good if they grow. I have some different coloured Geraniums to put in as well but I just struck cuttings from my own out the back. Hope everyone is well . I hope we get a bit of rain out of this. We also have a North-Westerly here. Quite balmy out the front but a bit nippy out the back. Nev have you any spare of the second Til from the 28th? Have a great night. Colleen has anyone a name for this please?