Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES AND ADDICTS - JULY 2014, 1 by ctmorris

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright ctmorris

In reply to: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES AND ADDICTS - JULY 2014

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES AND ADDICTS - JULY 2014
ctmorris wrote:
Hi everyone. Back after a hectic few days with my sister and her 2 Grandkids paying us a visit. We went over to the Loxton Historical Village. What a great place. Some wonderful old photos and the history of Loxton and surrounding districts is very well presented. The boys all had a great time though it would have been much better if the rain and bitter cold wind had stayed away. We cut our lunches and planned to sit by the river and eat it but it was just too cold. My brom in the lawn cuttings have roots now so probably time to start potting them up again. I have found this a much easier way to deal with my broms instead of doing one at a time. I just get the Mumma one and take the pups off and put them into the box with the lawn cuttings then if the Mumma one needs repotting I do that and pop her back into the SH. I slip the name tag down into the leaves and just wait for them to grow roots, then I take the whole box out to the potting table and pot them all up at once. Nev I have Gold Fever here and it looks nothing like your's. Mine must have been growing in the dark I think as there's no yellow at all in it. Still a nice plant though. Will put a pic up and of my boxes of pups. Have a great day. Colleen