Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES AND ADDICTS - JULY 2014, 1 by bromishy

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright bromishy

In reply to: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES AND ADDICTS - JULY 2014

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES AND ADDICTS - JULY 2014
bromishy wrote:
Hi Everyone!

Finally the weekend thank goodness with most of the house chores taken care of during the week which should hopefully leave us with some free time to get a bit of fresh air and muck around in the garden as much as we can.

Hi Nev great to hear you had such a lovely time with your family. I can imagine your house would be very quiet at the moment with everyone gone and by now you would be getting back to some normal routine as well as now you have two little friends (4 legged kind) you are kindly babysitting following you around the garden checking out what you are getting up to with I am sure a lot of interest.

Nev ha ha yes I can't help it this habit of collecting brom seed, it's hard to turn away a ripe, plump berry and I find the collection and sowing process very relaxing indeed. I always enjoyed growing things from seeds as young as I can remember and this continues on now with my brom growing addiction. Where I am going to put all the seedlings down the track will be in every nook and cranny I can find around our yard but as such no more room for additional igloo's so I will have to work with what I've got.

Nev what a shame about your Neo. 'Rosella', if I ever come across one when we next visit the Tablelands I will get it for you in the hope that it might just turn out to be a promising clone?

Nev yes in answer to your question I was a real "Tomboy" when growing up and aside from the tree climbing I really enjoyed going fishing (still do), riding motorbikes (dirt bikes), servicing / restoring cars (servicing cars with my dad, restoring cars with Joe) like Cadilacs, EK's, HR's and Torano's, I also had a great luv for gardening and from a very young age got into growing herbs and veggies from seed and wherever we lived I also created a garden where we could pick our own fresh produce as well as I enjoyed growing flowers as I liked to be surrounded by color. I also enjoyed building houses with dad and also really enjoyed trying to fix things when they were broken where I would pull them totally apart and put them back together again to get them hopefully working again. Also I enjoyed working with wood and dad got me started working on small projects like making airoplanes to hang, then I moved onto making chairs, desks and restoring old furniture and I was very interested in antiques and still am. I did have dolls but I preferred my collection of matchbox cars and riding my BMX Bike and remember how horrified I felt when this kid I hardly knew accidently chipped some paint off one of my matchbox cars ha ha.

Nev wow your friend sounds right into collecting Vr. ospinae var. gruberi, the color combinations differences in them are truly beautiful and I remember you possibly may have posted pics of different one's awhile ago and I really enjoyed enlarging the pics to take a closer look at them.

Hi Teresa hope you are well, I really enjoyed reading your story about your stepson and the tree and the chainsaw, too funny. So when do you start your new job, must be getting close to starting now if you have not already?

Nev that Vr. 'Kakadu Magic' latest from Jack Koning is truly magnificant and the name is perfect for something so stunningly beautiful. Also I will never tire from Vr. 'Slendriet' and although I already own a fully grown plant and a pup I find it hard not to wont to buy more because it is just such an attractive looking plant; mine is yet to flower though.

Anyway time to head off and kick back before bedtime.

Take Care & Happy Gardening!

Trish

Sorry only one pic as for some reason pics are taking to long to upload and freezing up.

Pic 1 - Neo. 'Enchantment Alba'