Photo by Melody

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES AND ADDICTS - JULY 2014, 1 by ctmorris

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright ctmorris

In reply to: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES AND ADDICTS - JULY 2014

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES AND ADDICTS - JULY 2014
ctmorris wrote:
Hi again. Shirley love all the pinks and purples especially the shape of Pink Star. Nev you remember me posting a pic a while ago of Crackling Red? Well I got a news letter from Ausbroms and they have Crackling Red pic in there. It may not be registered but they're using the name. John has bought me a Alcantarea Imperialis rubra for $20 in Adelaide. I didn't know that Silver Plum was a clone of this. If so why aren't they exactly the same? My next on my wish list is Alcantarea Imperialis vinicolor. Has anyone of you got a pup of this? I got a lot done in the front garden yesterday. The reason it's taking so long is it hasn't been done properly for the last 2 years because of my back. It's getting a crew cut this year. I've filled my green bin the neighbour's 2 teachests about 4 large pots and now have packed some of the branches against the house until I empty the bins. There will be another lot of branches today and that should just about finish the front. The boys are having a good sleep in this morning so looks as though I'm by myself out there. I'm sure they will come out to see what I'm doing when they get up. Have a great day everyone. This is a pic of Neo crackling red. Colleen