Photo by Melody
Announcements
The ability to post new threads and comments is currently off-line. We are working to restore this feature.

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: Brugmansias in winter 2014, 1 by cestrum_SEQ

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright cestrum_SEQ

In reply to: Brugmansias in winter 2014

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Brugmansias in winter 2014
cestrum_SEQ wrote:
No-one's ever had a photo removed for being off topic, Mya--attached photo point in case! Your desert roses look terrific. There's something rather marvellous about growing plants that do well in your own climate, instead of struggling with those that ... struggle. (You're right BTW: Brendon moved to tropical WA.)

Are you breeding the desert roses? Just wondering how long from seed to flower.

12 degrees overnight? Anywhere from 5 to minus 2 degrees here! But the days are glorious. You can keep the NT: the cockroaches and cane toads here are more than enough for me!

My oleander seedlings from Judy are still growing, maybe half have flowered. They find it quite tough in my garden--too dry, can you believe it? The day isn't long enough for me to water everything.

Shocked to hear about Flora being demolished, a wonderland of a garden. Yet it happens time and time again. Houses with beautiful gardens are bought by people *despite* those gardens. All we can do is enjoy our gardens while we have them. Makes you realise how transient everything in life is ...