Photo by Melody

Central Midwest Gardening: July 2014 Hotter than a firecracker!, 1 by happgarden

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright happgarden

In reply to: July 2014 Hotter than a firecracker!

Forum: Central Midwest Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of July 2014  Hotter than a firecracker!
happgarden wrote:
HAPPY 4th July, have lots of fun!

Debra what are those in the last pic? Love that dark center.

Anyone needs purple coneflowers or pink hollyhocks (altho unless I can find some short ones) I have about a million of each. I am thinning them also. The black ones wont come back black, they seem to all come back pink, most of mine are about 4 feet tall or so.

I have got so much to pot up and to plant. I am going to move my hosta beds. Don't know why I didn't think about it before but back in the fence row, if I clean it out, I have some deep rooted trees. Much better for hostas than under the silver maples and birch trees that all the roots are on the surface. After our last bad drought I lost a bunch of hostas plus the fact they are not as big as they should be.

Gosh the daylilies have just been beautiful this year, just blooming up a storm. This one has really been putting on blooms for the longest time.

Glad the tomatoes are doing good for everyone! Mine also have really taken off and are loaded with tomatoes. Seems I am tying them up every couple of days. I have several heirloom tomatoes that have come back from seed, I think they are probably cherry tomatoes.

Love the picture of Mommy and baby, so peaceful and happy.

That button bush is sure unique. Never seen anything quite like that.

Well I hope AuntB will contact me when she moves her to KC. I miss her on DG. I can help her get some of her flowers restarted at her new place. Have lots of spares.

Think I am going to get my flower winter storage ready so I don't get caught off guard since my overwinter pile is growing and growing. LOL