Photo by Melody

Specialty Gardening: Do your plants ever come up in neighbor's gardens?, 1 by Wifeygirl

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Wifeygirl

In reply to: Do your plants ever come up in neighbor's gardens?

Forum: Specialty Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Do your plants ever come up in neighbor's gardens?
Wifeygirl wrote:
Hey Jasper! The morning glories are volunteers from a little patch of plants donated to me from a friend. They are dark purple, but since I didn't plant them myself, I don't know the variety.

Psych, just wanted to confirm, you're saying the Black Eyed Susan vine is a problem? Not Black Eyed Susans the normal flower? I don't know why I'm asking exactly...I have them both! Doesn't it just figure that I have Verbena, Feverfew, Alyssum, Johnny Jumpups, and Mexican Primrose in my garden as well?

I have been populating my garden by going around the neighborhood and asking people for plants that have clearly reseeded (so that they wouldn't be hurt by me taking some). It looks like that practice might come back to haunt me...

P.S. Yesterday I discovered a huge patch of evil sticker weeds in my garden. Doh! You can even see them in this Black Eyed Susan picture - they had grown underneath a low-growing legitimate plant and gotten nice and established. The weed's foliage even looks so lush and green! Who knew it hid such pure evil underneath. I'm a fairly new gardener here, so I didn't recognize it. Boo.

This message was edited Jul 3, 2014 6:42 AM