Photo by Melody

Mid-Atlantic Gardening: Your Neck Of the Woods part11 Independance Day, 1 by Jan23

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Jan23

In reply to: Your Neck Of the Woods part11 Independance Day

Forum: Mid-Atlantic Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Your Neck Of the Woods part11 Independance Day
Jan23 wrote:
Nice looking place!!!

Hehehehehe on typos , etc.

Gita, to answer your question, yes, I knew what you meant. Not having access to wifi very often is hard. A lot has happened since the last I checked in. Our plans totally changed. Our friend that lives in Juneau was NOT going to be there, so we decided NOT to get on the ferry. Instead we went to Seward and the Kenai Fiords nat'l park. We camped right on the water with hundreds of RVs. Lots of campgrounds run by the town of Seward. Very smart town managers. LOTs of fishing boats and tour boats. We took a 7 1/2 hour boat tour of some glaciers and saw LOTS of animals: a family of 6 orca and several humpbacks(one was breaching) and a rare sighting of a fin whale. The sound when ice calves off a glacier is amazing!!!

Today we got on to the Cassiar Highway and are camped at a beautiful place on 28 mile long Dease Lake and I have wifi at my campsite out in the middle of nowhere. Tomorrow we will go to Stewart, BC and Hyder, AK. Hopefully some salmon are running so we can see some more bears.