Hummingbird and Butterfly Gardening: DAILY PICTURES #108, 1 by vitrsna

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright vitrsna

In reply to: DAILY PICTURES #108

Forum: Hummingbird and Butterfly Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of DAILY PICTURES #108
vitrsna wrote:
Congratulations BCH...what a lovely site.

As for you Mrs. Ed i am fairly sure you have got it right at Elada Checkerspot and thank you so much. We'll see if BAMONA gets it right and if not, i will refer them to you so that you can straighten them out. (I already submitted the photo, so too late now). Appears the taxon has changed from Texola elada elada to Microtia elada and i do find it in my Mexico/Central America book but the photos of this bf are not so good in the book and i only had a ventral view to work with. What book did you use to do the ID? Whopping good job and i am much happier knowing that it is at home in my area. They say these bf's host on yellow composite Acanthaceae so i guess i'll look for that because i'd like to have more of these. I do have acanthaceae but not yellow composites.

How is your Senecio c. doing? Mine has started to bloom now in the middle of dreary rainy season which will be really good for butterfly and moth traffic. When it is closer to "spectacular" i'll send a photo. Thanks again, i don't think i could find a closer comparison. For the people in south Texas, these should be in your area as well