Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: Bromeliads For May 2014, 1 by splinter1804

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright splinter1804

In reply to: Bromeliads For May 2014

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Bromeliads For May 2014
splinter1804 wrote:
Hi Teresa - It looks like just you and me today; it seems this forum is going the same way a many of the others where the members are preferring Face Book where they just have to press the "like" button or just give one line answers instead of having an on line discussion.

I am still a member of the "Bromeliad Forum" http://www.bromeliadforum.za.net/forum/index.php
and the "Bromeliad Forums Garden Web" http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/bromeliad/
both of which seem to be having the same problem where they have lost members to Face Book.

It seems that people don't mind reading the text and looking at pic's posted by others but are reluctant to post anything themselves. Just to give an example, a couple of weeks back I started a thread "Lets see some pictures" in an attempt to get things going again. This thread is now four pages long and has been viewed 678 times but sadly, there were only posts from about a dozen or so members. I'll still remain a member of these forums though as there's a massive amount of wonderful information and pictures in the archive files and it's worth anyone joining just for this alone.

Anyway, enough whinging from me; on a brighter note, Honey has settled back into her home and is very comfortable living with the old bloke's grandson. The old bloke is also making a great recovery and was up and walking around without assistance yesterday; so it's all good.

Now to see what pic's I can find to finish up with: Pic's 1 and 5 are both hybrids I made from Neo. 'concentrica x 'Painted Lady' (Sport), Pic.2 is Neo.'Midnight Moment', Pic.3 is Vr. hieroglyphica and Pic'4 is Nid. procerum.

All the best, Nev.