Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Trees, Shrubs and Conifers: For the Love of Viburnums , 1 by Pistil

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Pistil

In reply to: For the Love of Viburnums

Forum: Trees, Shrubs and Conifers

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of For the Love of Viburnums
Pistil wrote:
Mipii-I have a Blue Muffin in full sun, but we are further north than you, and much cooler in the summer. It thrives on zero care (no deer problem). Few berries so I just planted a Chicago Lustre as a mate. One thing-it is getting much larger than the label said. I don't know if that would be true in Michigan, as many plants grow extra big here. I just ran out in the rain and took this snapshot-it is just coming into bloom now, with big creamy white plates. VV had told me it is not the greatest viburnum when I asked about it (I agree-flowers and fall foliage not spectacular), but it has been nice and so trouble-free I am keeping it. If you recommend this to your friends, just make sure they plant a pollinator, so they get the real show which is the BLUE berries. I got my tiny Chicago Lustre really cheap from Bluestone Perennials. It will grow fast, if Blue Muffin is any indicator.
Weerobin- that looks like a lacecap hydrangea! Can you grow those?