Photo by Melody

Mid-South Gardening: It is June let's see the daylilies and everything else !, 1 by marsue

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright marsue

In reply to: It is June let's see the daylilies and everything else !

Forum: Mid-South Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of It is June let's see the daylilies and everything else !
marsue wrote:
Gorgeous blooms, Elaine! Is that a magnolia I see in the second series? I love the hybrid coneflowers but I don't have any anymore. I had some when I lived in Cabot but I read somewhere, probably on DG, that after about three years they either revert or they die so I haven't spent the money on them. I have the one you gave me--Rubinstern, I think is the name of it and it is beginning to bloom now. Thanks for the offer for daylilies but I really don't have any place to put them. I think if I told Al that I needed another flowerbed, that he would faint!! LOL

We just had a front porch added to our house and I will have to put plants in front of it but that will be my only new flower bed. I am going to keep it simple, though--probably put in some small simple shrubs such as nandina or boxwood and call it done--just some plants that will hide the concrete foundation of the porch. I like nandinas because the leaves turn red in the fall but I will need a miniature variety, if there is one. I haven't done any research on them yet.

I discovered today that my oak leaf hydrangea is blooming. I haven't been over to that side of the house the last few days because of the construction but when I peeked over the porch railing on that side, I was delighted to see some blooms!
When we get the construction trash cleaned up, the siding washed and get some new porch furniture, I will post some photos of the porch. It really changed the look of our house and we are very pleased with it.