Shade Gardening: Moss?, 1 by shortleaf

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright shortleaf

In reply to: Moss?

Forum: Shade Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Moss?
shortleaf wrote:
Oh, I never thought the Moss Phlox would be suitable here in the shade.

I attribute my rose vine in the backyard to all the sun. It doesn't get anything else and it's blooming like crazy right now! I'll post a photo of it.
That white one across from it is way outnumbered on roses (about 200 to 2..lol), the white one died back to the ground this year. I'll post a pic of it yesterday. - pic #1

Kudos to you on all that Creeping Jenny, Blue Star Creeper and all the moss, that is some tending alright. That's probably why it's so successful. We have a little Gold Creeping Jenny out in the yard now but it doesn't get thick or spread much, actually, I think it's dying. I think you nailed it though, it's staying on top of watering, weeding and managing it with other stuff. You kinda opened my eyes about some stuff that I need to pay more attention too. I'll get a photo of the yard tomorrow and you'll see all the shade. Man, your layouts look awesome! I've got a mold to make "rocks" out of concrete, I've had it for 7 years and never used it. Boy, have I ever got the ideas now!

Did you buy many of the Creeping Jenny plants or has it spread that much?

I see you like rocks too. I bet I've gotten about 3 tons of Limestone rocks over the last few years.

Here's a photo of my Hall's Honeysuckle vine. pic #2 Needless to say, I've been a little more successful in the backyard where the sun is! lol