Photo by Melody

Accessible Gardening: Practical Matters for Physically Challenged Gardeners #18, 1 by Amargia

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Amargia

In reply to: Practical Matters for Physically Challenged Gardeners #18

Forum: Accessible Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Practical Matters for Physically Challenged Gardeners #18
Amargia wrote:

There are days when I wish we had less land to steward. It is like how there are many perfectly written short stories where the ideal words are exactly placed, but the perfect novel has never been written. There are just too many words involved to get surgical precision.

I think every gardener dreams of that moment where everything in the garden is just right. With a large garden, that perfection is highly unlikely. Something always needs doing, but we keep striving for that flawless moment.

I don’t know why the others keep gardening. As for me, I’m a true gardening addict. For my type of gardener, it is as much about the journey as the destination. The thing about gardening as therapy is you can never quit therapy. I imagine on the day I give up the ghost, some part of that day will have been spent tending plants. It might only be shakily watering a jade plant on the windowsill in my room at a nursing home, but I’ll still be gardening. Mk**

(Jim) Photo Note: …because among the half finished projects and the weeds, there are scenes like perfect little works of haiku.