Photo by Melody

Peonies: My peonies are breaking dormancy!, 1 by warriorswisdomkathy

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright warriorswisdomkathy

In reply to: My peonies are breaking dormancy!

Forum: Peonies

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of My peonies are breaking dormancy!
warriorswisdomkathy wrote:
Pam, thought so but wanted to make sure..yes caan divide again this spring toooo..

Badcat...lol, make sure you take care of him....lol For me, my peony hoops consist of 2" gridded fencing (36") cut down to size for the peonies and stuck into the ground. When the foliage gets up and growing it pretty much hides the fence.

Mary have you thought about using a frost blanket ot two to cover plants so you don't have to carry them back and forth quite soo much in the hardening off process??? I usually do that when I start to take plants out in the spring... When you get anything over 20 flats it's just too much effort to haul them back and forth. Very easy to uncover them for a few hours each day..but I might tend to keep the annuals inside for awhile yet..just an idea.

Did some reseasrch on the Limonium l. and found out they can infact reseed (first time for me tho)...so I'm one happy camper, so to speak, lol. Would go count them but we got 5-6" of snow which ended this am....

Spent part of the day re-uploading my pix from previous years..had to replace my puter tower...it got sick... So now I'm trying to get them edited as I have many copies of the same pix... but here's the Iris from last June... More than 200 here and am hoping for a better show this season, but also noticed some that were newly planted in didn't make it thru the winter, my fault for doing it so late I guess. Am hoping to finish this border in the up coming weeks, want ot finish about 150ft more to the north (top of the pix) And those that I moved from an area last season got divided and potted, sure am glad as they ready to go into the ground in a few weeks... but also found more in the feild that I missed and have to pot those..... Sure am glad the deer don't like them..I do! lol.