Photo by Melody
Announcements
The Pixel County Fair is now open for entries! You have until September 11th to upload your crafts, animals and gardens HERE!

Mid-Atlantic Gardening: Greetings from AL!! , 1 by Bec_No_Va

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Bec_No_Va

Subject: Greetings from AL!!

Forum: Mid-Atlantic Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Greetings from AL!!
Bec_No_Va wrote:
Sorry all, I've been MIA this year...just got back from a 3 week wintry trip to Norway & came home to SPRING! The birds are chirping, the grass is greening up & I'm SO ready to start planting!! Lost a few plants this winter due to the unusually cold temps we had...but easily replaced! My hummers are back already, hung up new feeders & I have happy little combating hummers coming by!
Planning some veggies this year, due to Sascha probably digging up & destroying anything in the ground, I'm going with container bags for Tomatoes & some herbs & berries outside of the fence - there's always next year for larger scale gardening! Found great AL nurseries where I can get whatever I need, be it shipped or going in person! One thing I don't like is our HOA, they have a strangle hold on the community & tend to be really strict with what we can & cannot do...I just try to stick with the 'rules' & accept it for what it is!
Health wise I'm doing good, last 2 scans show nothing of concern & I'm getting a little stronger every day...taking my time & not overdoing it, but buying a bike so I can start training up very unused muscles & taking advantage of great trails around the neighborhood & lake! We've been here nearly a year now & can honestly say it was the best move we made...truly enjoy AL & what it has to offer, now that my health is taken care of, we can finally enjoy the city & this weekend - plant sale at the Botanical Gardens :-) Farmers markets start early here & we have an abundance of produce, from grass fed pork to the biggest peaches I've ever seen...with my strength coming back, I've even started enjoying cooking & baking again...much to Greg's delight & his staff enjoys the baked goodies as well! BEC!