Photo by Melody

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: BROMELIADS FOR MARCH ....2014, 1 by perke_patch

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright perke_patch

In reply to: BROMELIADS FOR MARCH ....2014

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of BROMELIADS FOR MARCH ....2014
perke_patch wrote:
Hi Cody an Nev. seems you are the only ones around.

Cody I hope Alex stay safe on his quad bike. my son had an accident on his motorbike in 2004 and broke both his hands. we had to dress him, feed him and do all sorts of things for him but we drew the line at wiping his bum so we bought one of those showers that you can lift down off the wall. that way he could hold it and wash himself. Amazing how we can manage to save face while having someone getting you dressed.

Nev I love your pics. procerum is lovely as a clump because of the range of colours it goes through from new bloom to mature. that seedling in pic 2 looks promising. what is the parentage please.

I must get off to bed or I won't get the van packed tomorrow. have to go shopping for any extras especially foods. once we put the cold stuff in we're all ready to go. clothes are loaded. I had to read back to my last post to check how I'd worded it. now I see what you were referring to Nev. hahaaha. I knew what I meant. we'd only removed everything a week earlier and now we are putting everything back in. I meant in the motorhome not the bed LOL.

Johnny is having a bit of trouble getting the wall with the door in it. one side is done with bird wire and the screen door with bird wire again is also in. but the problem is that when we bring the other side of the door across to the wall of the house we have to somehow give ourselves access o the switch to turn the pump on to water the broms. how to finish the wall without blocking access. he'll work it out but he is getting damn frustrated. lucky the neighbours work and can't hear the words coming out of him when something doesn't work. He'll need that holiday after he's finished.

Pic1 is a guz we've been watching develop. at first it was just this amazing glow in the centre of the green plant. it's been slowly lifting itself up out of the centre and is now starting to stand up tall. Pic 2 is a guz sanguinea x wittmackii. it's a glorious pink colour and then these lovely white bits appear. it doesn't stand up far out of the centre like other guz.
Night
Wendy