Photo by Melody

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: BROMELIADS FOR MARCH ....2014, 1 by perke_patch

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright perke_patch

In reply to: BROMELIADS FOR MARCH ....2014

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of BROMELIADS FOR MARCH ....2014
perke_patch wrote:
Pic 1 is a vrisea pup that I took off over 12 months ago. it came off a plain green mother and there were 2 pups, this one and a plain green one. I did have them growing side by side for a while but along the way the plain one was moved. this one is in the seedling area as I've been watching this striping which has been retained on maturing plant. I'll see if pups will get the stripes or not. wonder what the infloresence will look like.

Pic 2 is some seedlings that Jack Koning shared with some of us girls. Sue Unsworth dumped all of hers thinking they weren't going to develop into anything special. she was surprised when she saw some of mine. This is probably the best one. it is neo tangerine x scarlet charlotte. it has the shine from tangerine and probably colour from s.c.

Pic 3 is the new addition to our household. 2 of them filled the back of our wagon. we had to jiggle to get them both in and he is bloody heavy. Johnny said (and I didn't tell you guys this.. I swear I didn't) he thought his boys popped when he picked it up. he struggled to get it up the back and had to stop halfway and put it on the potting table. He thinks he is now 6inches shorter than before he carried it. .