Photo by Melody

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: BROMELIADS FOR MARCH ....2014, 1 by perke_patch

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright perke_patch

In reply to: BROMELIADS FOR MARCH ....2014

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of BROMELIADS FOR MARCH ....2014
perke_patch wrote:
Hi everyone. nearly time for bed. I've been sitting here watching a movie with Johnny and finally got on here before logging off. sorry to be so late.
Nev you beat me as I was going to announce the registration of bill. fruit salad. I can't remember the conversation about it earlier as you said. It definitely came from Bob Cross and that is why it used to be labelled as Bill. Bob Cross until I took it to a BSQ meeting and Bob asked me not to use his name on it. He couldn't remember the open day where he gave a pup to Phyllis but she clearly remembers it right down to the colour of the cover on the table. I spoke to Geoff about the registration when he attended the BSQ meeting. I sent some photos to him but they had the date stamp and name on the pics and he wanted some more without those things. So if you are taking pics for a registration remember to turn off the date on the camera and don't put the name over the photo. Anyway I've been having trouble with the big computer so hadn't been able to send new pics. I took some more this week but wasn't happy with them compared to the earlier ones. so Geoff cropped them to take out the names and date. I had to download Microsoft office couple days ago so I could fill in the form for Geoff. next day it is registered. all done. Oh has your's multiplied in the pot yet Nev? we'll be able to do a big release now and charge a fortune for a newly registered plant LOL.

Nev I did briefly think I might have mixed up some tags somewhere along the way and hence an orlandiana with a label for your mini neo. oh well we'll soon find out. I have another six pack of seedlings of your mini and they are getting nice size. I've attached the pic of the six pack of those seedlings. there is another bigger one hanging with the billbergias so I'll get a pic of that tomorrow for you. you can see the back left one has some good teeth too.

One seedling that is really intriguing me at present is neo yang F2 which has come out red from the smallest size and retained that colour. none of the other seedlings are showing that colour. this one stood out in the tray and is still standing out among the greener grex mates. sorry about the rotation again Nev.

I'm off to bed now so I'll wish you good night.

Wendy