Photo by Melody
Announcements
The ability to post new threads and comments is currently off-line. We are working to restore this feature.

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: BROMELIADS FOR MARCH ....2014, 1 by ctmorris

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright ctmorris

In reply to: BROMELIADS FOR MARCH ....2014

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of BROMELIADS FOR MARCH ....2014
ctmorris wrote:
Hi everyone. Thought that I would try again tonight. Nev I haven't got a clue how to write in word then put it up here with "cut and paste" so I just hope this doesn't go into cyber-space too. The weather has been absolutely perfect here but they tell me we are in for some more hot days, Oh I do hope not. I have lots of buds on my Brugmansias including 2 USA ones and an UK cold one so it is very important that the weather stays mild for me. The USA ones I have been waiting about 3 years to flower for me. They have certainly taken their time. Lots and lots of pups coming on my Mummas that I have already de-pupped. what am I going to do? Maybe I'll have to do as Trish is doing and start selling at the markets. John my son, said to put some into my boot and take them around to the nurseries and see if they want them. The trouble with that is , I take them looking all nice and they put them into the shade and they loose all their colour or worse they stick them into the full sun and they get all burnt. I suppose, if I explain to them how to keep them looking nice in our weather and they don't heed my advice well that's their problem. Might have a look at some to take because I have to go to Berri on Thursday. Will let you know what happens. Glad the party went well and Spiderman turned up. Nev. Sounds as though they had a great time. Nev, of those Mr O'Dean seedlings 4 look as though they could be something, but all the rest seem to be just green. Time will tell I suppose. Thanks for offering me the Ralph Davis and the varigated Nutans. That's very generous of you Nev. Cody I'm glad that the weather is getting better for you over there, it is here too. Do you have a garden and what do you grow? Well everyone I must get moving again things still to do. Have a great night and see you tomorrow. Colleen