Photo by Melody

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: BROMELIADS FOR MARCH ....2014, 1 by perke_patch

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright perke_patch

In reply to: BROMELIADS FOR MARCH ....2014

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of BROMELIADS FOR MARCH ....2014
perke_patch wrote:
Hi everyone. Ian I had a good thought regarding your move. If you send a pup of each of your special plants to the rest of us then after you move and settle in we can send one back. you don't have to downsize and cull any. you can have them all. the ones you take with you and the ones you send to us to receive back. Aren't I clever?????? LOL

I did go for a look at the sale this morning with Jen but I took $200 in cash and the card with me so I was really serious about just looking. Anyway I got a lot of loose billbergia pups and one really nice vrisea for Johnny. He really liked it. I'll get pics tomorrow to share. not sure where my camera is. I think in my potting apron downstairs. anyway Johnny was so exhausted redoing the area down the back this morning while I was off with Jen so he decided we should go for a drive to give him a rest this afternoon. guess where we ended up?? Yep Cheryl Basic was surprised to see me back again. she said didn't I get enough this morning I had to come back for more. Anyway Johnny picked another 5 vriseas. he is happy now. pics to follow.

Nev after looking at BCR for neo chocolate I'm not sure the ones Shirley and I have are the same. Shirley got one from me. separately they look the same but put them side by side and they are different colours ie caramel and chocolate. in fact our chocolate looks so much like your seedling Nev. I really thought odean and chocolate would have been from the same grex they are so close to same. but apparently totally different. I can't remember where we got our first one. we've been to MPs at Gympie so possible even got one from her. not sure.

Jean you are so clever starting all the threads for us. I managed it once but I think it was pure luck. I never managed it again.
Shirley sorry I missed you at Wavell Heights today and not just once I missed you twice.
Hi to everyone else.
On the spur of the moment last night I posted a couple of pics of our small motorhome with a for sale notice and today a couple looked at it and they are pretty certain they will get it. they are short a little bit extra money so need to talk to the bank and ill get back with answer on Wednesday. sounds good.

time for bed I think. don't want to get into another movie now so I'll wimp out an have an early one for a change. Night all.
Pic tonight is ae ornata var nationalis. it was growing in the top of a totem where we couldn't back into those vicious points but it started poking through the shadecloth roof so we had to get it down. I'm sure it will be ready to flower soon. then pups to follow.
Wendy