Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Tropicals & Tender Perennials: Ficus sagittata variegata, 1 by pniksch

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright pniksch

Subject: Ficus sagittata variegata

Forum: Tropicals & Tender Perennials

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Ficus sagittata variegata
pniksch wrote:
Hi All!
I've been looking for Ficus sagittata variegata (used to be and is aka F. radicans variegata) for years (decades, actually), and no one seems to grow it any longer. Used to be quite common in SoCal back in the 70's, but I haven't seen it since. It's got 2-3 inch long leaves, 1/2 +/- inch wide and roots as it goes, or trails nicely (not to be confused with any of the variegated F. pumilas out there). Several growers in Fl have had it in the past, but have lost their stock plants (Liner Farm, Top Tropicals). When I emailed H Engelmann/Exotic Angel Plants (who say they have it on their web site) can't (won't?) get me one or tell me where I can buy one- just "keep checking your local big-box stores that carry our plants", and Glasshouse Works (OH) lost their stock plant as well. I grow the regular green one- it's not that hard to grow (but neither will tolerate cold temps at all). I'm even trying the "dart frog' guys that grow plants too, but no one has it. Does ANY BODY have a clue I can follow up with as to where I can obtain one? Thanks so much in advance!
Paul

This message was edited Feb 18, 2014 8:05 PM

This message was edited Mar 8, 2014 3:12 PM