Photo by Melody
Announcements
The ability to post new threads and comments is currently off-line. We are working to restore this feature.

Rural Gardening: winter is here on the Homestead..., 1 by CajuninKy

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright CajuninKy

In reply to: winter is here on the Homestead...

Forum: Rural Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of winter is here on the Homestead...
CajuninKy wrote:
I am so glad the concert was a success. I have heard they were fantastic. The lady who used to cut our hair has been to see them several times and could not say enough good about them. Mayhap you can sell more ducks in the coming year or some produce from your garden. Have you ever had a CSA or entertained the thought? I have a feeling you would make a success of it.

It is bitter cold here tonight but you have us beat. We are expecting 16 in the morning but it is about that cold now so it may get lower than that by morning. It has not snowed in 2 days but most all the snow that fell is still on the ground. The spots where the sun hits has melted a bit but the temp has been well below freezing so the snow is still in place. Calling for more snow and rain on Saturday into Sunday. Winter here is depressing but we make the best of it. Please say a prayer we can get our heat pump fixed. The service man has been here twice to put in freon and the second time he found a leak. Thought he fixed it but it is still freezing up. Had it off completely last night as we were afraid it would burn up. It is not freezing as bad tonight so we have it turned where it just takes the chill off and we are using space heaters.

Had to go to town today to pick up some meds. It was very cold but we made a safe trip. Got home just after dark and had all the feeding to do before going to a ladies meeting at church. Came home and cleaned the kitchen and cooked a couple deer burgers for DH. Made him some jello for tomorrow. Think I will try to settle down now. Pray you all sleep well and stay
warm.

Max seems to be asking what on earth happened while he slept.