Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Central Midwest Gardening: Have you seen a decline in Monarchs in the midwest this year, 1 by greenbrain

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright greenbrain

In reply to: Have you seen a decline in Monarchs in the midwest this year

Forum: Central Midwest Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Have you seen a decline in Monarchs in the midwest this year
greenbrain wrote:
I often forget that I have free admission to the Sophia Sach's Butterfly House with my Mobot membership. I need to make it there in the near future. It's a bit of a drive across St. Louis since I'm on the East side and it's located far west, but surely worth the trip. If anyone visits this area, I can accompany you and get you in free with my admission. Maybe I'll learn more about the Monarchs and how I can help in this area.

http://www.missouribotanicalgarden.org/visit/family-of-attra...

I remember years ago being active on the Hummingbird and Butterfly forum and all the friendly members who helped me get a butterfly puddle started in my wildflower bed. I need to do this again in 2014. I can start planning it now and make it even better than the last one. A site near the pear tree would be good which borders the wildflower bed. I have many flower seeds that I've purchased that just need to be planted next Spring. "Build it and they will come!" (A monarch on my burgundy okra plant in 2010 when I had a butterfly puddle near by.)

This message was edited Nov 28, 2013 7:56 AM